- Penetrating trauma
- Chest pain and/or shortness of breath
- Abnormal EKG
- Guidance of pericardiocentesis
- Confirmation of transvenous pacing wire placement
- Is there a pericardial effusion?
- Is the LV systolic function normal?
- Is there cardiac activity?
Limited Transthoracic Echocardiogram performed by me:
Indication: Chest Pain/Shortness of breath, rule out pericardial effusion/CHF
Pericardium: No effusion
Cardiac: Normal contraction
Image archived in the medical record
Other Online Resources
- Virtual Transthoracic Echo Simulator
- Focused Emergency Echo Part I: Indications and Normal Anatomy by Chris Moore Focused Emergency
- Echo Part II: Pathology and Pitfalls - The Five E's by Chris Moore
- Intravascular Volume Assessment by IVC Sonography by Jonathan Fischer